A few weeks ago, several people on Instagram voted I do a “20 facts about me” post, so, here I am. 🙂 I feel a tad awkward making a post about myself, but hopefully you can get to know me a little better–and share things about yourself as well!
1) I’m the youngest of 7 kids.
I have 4 brothers, 2 sisters, (all of whom are married but one), 3 nephews, and a niece on the way. All of my siblings are artistic in one way or another, so that makes the bunch all the more fun! (and crazy). It’s so great being able to share our talents with each other and collab on things together. I’m pretty crazy about all of them.
2) I lived in Texas most of my life…
And moved to New York City 3 years ago. Big change, but I’ve definitely been blessed to experience the best of both worlds. And, even though I’m a full-blooded country girl, I really do love my new city. 🙂
3) I love learning…
But I’m no A student. Ha! (I do try though. 😉 )
I love taking classes and learning new things. Listening to podcasts and sermons, watching tutorials, observing people, and having long conversations are some of my favorite things to do. I’m one of those weird people who likes school (Well…except for Math), and talking to teachers.
4) I laugh a lot.
If I’m not talking or playing the piano, I’m probably laughing. Maybe at my own joke. Maybe just because I’m alive and have nothing better to do. I think I’m just too lazy to use my frowning muscles.
5) I’ve played the piano for 12 years…
…And plan to major in Piano Pedagogy this Fall! I love music & teaching (I currently teach 8 sweet beginner/intermediate students), so I’m pretty stoked to get started with my major. 🙂
6) I’ve never been out of country…
But if I’m ever able to, I’d love to go to either a Spanish-speaking country or Nigeria. I adore both people groups and hope I can immerse myself in their cultures more someday!
7) My idea of a perfect day is…
- Going on a coffee date with someone close to me and talking about life and Jesus and relationships and everything we’re learning. (Basically I just strongly dislike smalltalk. 😉 )
- Snuggling under fuzzy blankets with a cup of coffee to write or watch a movie.
8) I’m not super girly…
…in the sense that I love dresses and pink and sparkles. But, drugstores are my weakness when it comes to the cosmetic isles. 😉 Half the time I don’t know what I’m doing, but I love shopping, painting my nails, and getting ready in the morning. I wouldn’t be a girl if I didn’t, right?
- I love Marvel and DC movies.
- Michael Buble & piano jazz forever.
- Dark, strong coffee, no sugar.
- Alllll the chick flicks.
- Summer is my favorite. The warmer the better!
- Peanut butter and cheese on crackers is my favorite snack :’)
- Animals. I love them. All of them.
- Little people voices and snuggles are my favorite thing in the whole world.
- I want to adopt a kiddo or two someday.
- Candles and tea lights are my jam.
- I love hugs. Big, tight bear hugs.
- I’m obsessed with coffee mugs.
There ya go, folks!
What about you? Let me know a fun fact about yourself, or tell me something we have in common! I always love talking with you.